Factsheets & Resources
BRQ produces fact sheets and guides translating complex law into plain English.
These resources explain how the law works, your rights and obligations and what to do when you believe an incorrect decision has been made or you have been discriminated against.
We also provide links to other organisations’ resources.
If you need advice particular to your situation, make a booking for our telephone advice line on 07 3847 5532 or 1800 358 511.
BRQ also provides capacity-building training to community-based, private sector and government workers.
Our resources are “legal information” only; they are not “legal advice”.
Fact Sheets & Resources
Basic Rights Queensland Factsheets and Resources
Social Security Appeals
- Appealing a Centrelink Decision
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal Appeals
- Statement of Financial Circumstances This form can be useful for appeals based on “special circumstances”
Disability Support Pension
- For DSP claims lodged after 1 April 2023:
- For claims lodged before April 1, 2023: Click here for information
Other common Centrelink Issues
- Compensation Preclusion Periods
- Relationship Status and Centrelink
- Domestic Violence and Centrelink
- Carer Payment and Carer Allowance
- Compensation for detriment caused by defective administration (CDDA)
Economic Justice Australia Factsheets and Resources
BRQ is a member of Economic Justice Australia. Their website has further fact sheets on a range of topics.
- When DV comes to work Information Sheet
- How to claim an Underpayment Guide Jan 2016
- General Protections infosheet
- Keeping Well at Work
- Workplace Harassment infosheet
- Termination of Employment
- Parental Leave Infosheet
- Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Privacy and Social Media
- Visit Domestic and Family Violence Work Aware
- For information on Child Employment please click here
- For information on Workplace bullying for workers please click here
Diverse Language Information
If you need assistance with translating this can be arranged through our 1800 621 458 freecall number.
BRQ Strategic Plan
BRQ Annual Reports
- BRQ Annual Report 2021
- BRQ Annual Report 2020
- BRQ Annual Report 2019
- BRQ Annual Report 2018
- BRQ Annual Report 2017
- BRQ Annual Report 2016
- BRQ Annual Report 2015
- BRQ Annual Report 2014
- WRC Annual Report 2013
- WRC Annual Report 2012
- Federal Budget Submission 2017-2018
- UQ BRQ Final Research Project 2015
- National Disability Advocacy Submission July 2015
Working Women Queensland Annual Reports
Basic Rights Queensland is working with Bynoe Community Advancement Co-Operative Society Ltd
Basic Rights Queensland is working with Girudala Community Co-Operative Society Ltd
Basic Rights Queensland is working with Weipa Community Centre
Basic Rights Queensland is working with Boulia Community Support Service
Basic Rights Queensland is working with Care Goondiwini and Drug ARM Goondiwindi
- Community Legal Centres Qld Inc – Directory of all Queensland community legal centres
- Legal Aid Queensland
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service (ATSILS)
- Women’s Legal Service
- Qld Statewide Tenant Advice and Referral Service
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Fair Work Commission
- Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (Federal)
- Fair Work Obudsman
- Department of Justice & Attorney-General
- Queensland Department of Employment
- Queensland Department of Education, Training and the Arts
- Safe Work Australia Workplace Bullying information
Queensland Courts have published a series of videos explaining the court process for making domestic violence orders.
If you are applying or responding to a domestic violence order, there is information HERE for you.