Help with Centrelink

How To Get Help

You can call us from anywhere in Queensland.

We operate via a Telephone Advice Service. Book now:

free call: 1800 358 511

Times: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm

A state-wide social security telephone advice service.

Our service provides information and advice on how to deal with Centrelink problems such as:
  • Administrative Appeals Tribunal Hearing
  • Aged Pension
  • Appealing A Centrelink Decision
  • Carer Payment And Allowance
  • Centrelink Debt
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Eligibility
  • Employment Service Provider
  • Job Capacity Assessment
  • Member Of Couple Or Single
  • Non-Payment Periods
  • Payment Reviews
  • Portability
  • Preclusion Period
  • Program Of Support
  • Youth Allowance And Austudy

Our Clients

BRQ undertakes social security case work and representation for clients who are extremely vulnerable and unable to advocate for themselves.

Whether or not we can represent a client is also determined by whether their case has merit and the limitations of our capacity.

Our social worker provides services to clients in need of social work support in relation to their Centrelink problem, such as brief counseling or referrals to their local community agencies.

Check out our fact sheets and the National Welfare Rights Network fact sheets on our Resources and Links page.

Make Contact with us

Our friendly staff answer the phones. Their role is to take you through a brief intake process in order to make a telephone appointment with one of our Telephone Advice Workers who will provide you with legal advice.

We are a state wide service and to ensure equity we only provide telephone appointments. We find we can reach and help more people this way.

Free Call 1800 358 511 | E mail us here

Contact Centrelink directly

If you have a Centrelink servicing complaint, this is generally better addressed by Centrelink Customer Relations Unit (1800 132 468) or the Commonwealth Ombudsman (1300 362 072). 

Where a person has a systemic complaint or a complaint about the current legislation this is generally better addressed by the relevant Minister or your federal member of parliament.

Call now from anywhere in Queensland.

Make a booking for our Telephone Advice Service. Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm.

Free Call: 1800 358 511

Where else can I find help?

Fact sheets

While you’re waiting for our call, you can find Fact Sheets in our Resources and Links. They may even have the answer you seek.

Townsville Community Legal Service

Providing help with Centrelink problems for people living in northern Queensland, from Townsville to the Cape. Ph 07 4721 5511

Administrative Appeals Tribunal

Legal Aid Queensland and Basic Rights Qld run telephone advice clinics at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for appeals lodged with the AAT.

To make a booking for telephone advice, phone the AAT Registry directly: 07 3005 6200  or  1800 011 140

We Cannot Help With

BRQ is not able to give advice in relation to areas of law outside social security or disability discrimination:
  • Child Support Matters
  • Family Law Disputes
  • Matters At The Australian Taxation Office
  • Personal Injuries
  • Proceedings In Criminal Courts
  • Wills And Estates

If we cannot assist, we will try to give you information, or a referral to a more appropriate service or avenue of complaint.

2022 - 2023 Total clients
Centrelink Services Provided
Percentage of clients identifying as financially disadvantaged