Who We Help

For Centrelink problems

We provide information and advice to people from anywhere in Queensland.

Read more

For Disability Discrimination

We provide resources and support to people from anywhere in Queensland south of Mackay.

Read more

For Women in the Workplace

We offer a confidential support service to help vulnerable Qld women with work-related matters.

Read more

For Mental Health Legal Assistance

We provide state-wide legal support for people with mental health conditions.

Read more

In 2018 – 2019, by percentage, our 2200 clients identified as:

Financially Disadvantaged
People with a disability
Culturally or Linguistically Diverse, or Indigenous Australians

Realistic advice

While we are ‘on your side’ and we will do the very best we can for you, we also ‘tell it as it is’.  This means we will provide a realistic assessment of your situation.

It may be that there is no redress for your issue and the best we can do is to help you think through how you can deal with that and move on.

Limited casework capacity

Casework has to be limited to those clients who are very vulnerable and unable to advocate for themselves.

Whether or not we can represent a client is also determined by whether their case has merit and the limitations of our capacity.

We Cannot Help With

BRQ is not able to give advice in relation to areas of law outside social security or disability discrimination:
  • Child Support Matters
  • Family Law Disputes
  • Matters At The Australian Taxation Office
  • Personal Injuries
  • Proceedings In Criminal Courts
  • Wills And Estates

If we cannot assist, we will try to give you information, or a referral to a more appropriate service or avenue of complaint.

How To Get Help

Make a booking for Social Security or Disability Discrimination advice:

Free Call: 1800 358 511

Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm

Make a booking for telephone advice on Women’s Employment Issues

Free Call 1800 358 511

Times: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm

A state-wide social security and Women’s Employment Issues telephone advice service.