Where else to get help

Cairns Community Legal Centre provides help with disability discrimination for people living in northern Queensland, from Mackay to the Cape.

Ph:  07 4031 7688  or  1800 062 608  

Legal Aid Queensland provides specialist legal advice and help to victims of discrimination and sexual harassment.

Ph  1300 65 11 88

Australian Human Rights Commission - you can make a complaint to the Australian Human Rights Commission. It does not cost anything to make a complaint to the Commission. Your complaint needs to be put in writing. The Commission has a complaint form that you can fill in and post or fax to them or you can lodge a complaint online via their website. If you are not able to put your complaint in writing, they can help you with this.

Ph 1300 656 419  or  1800 620 241

LGBTI Legal Service gives free legal advice and information to LGBTI clients, including legal advice in relation to discrimination.

QPILCH Self Representation Service (QCAT) gives legal advice and helps people applying to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal for matters including discrimination disputes. They may be able to help with drafting documents and correspondence about your legal matter with QCAT. They don’t provide legal representation.

Queensland Law Society can refer you to a private lawyer for advice about employment and industrial law. They may be able to provide representation for your matter.