How to get help

You can call us from anywhere in Queensland.

We operate via a Telephone Advice Service which runs Monday to Friday, between 9.30am and 4.00pm.  

Our friendly volunteer First Contact Officers answer the phones and their role is to take you through a brief intake process in order to make a telephone appointment with one of our Telephone Advice Workers who will provide you with legal advice. All of our appointments are by telephone only. As we are a State Wide service with a lot of clients who have disabilities, we find we can reach and help more people this way.

If you have a Centrelink servicing complaint, this is generally better addressed by Centrelink Customer Relations Unit (1800 132 468) or the Commonwealth Ombudsman (1300 362 072).  Where a person has a systemic complaint or a complaint about the current legislation this is generally better addressed by the relevant Minister or your federal member of parliament.

Telephone Advice Line:

07 3847 5532  or  1800 358 511  (freecall)

Fact sheets

While you're waiting for our call, you can find our Fact Sheets under our Resources and Education Section and they may even have the answer you seek. HERE.